ASAP training for Amsterdam Half-Marathon
Is running a half-marathon in your bucket list? Or you have already run one and now you want to improve your time? Then join ASAP to train and run Amsterdam Half-marathon together! Important to mention: Johan Horst will be guiding us through the preparations and he definitely knows what he’s talking about, because he won the Marathon of Utrecht in 2019!
How will we train?
- Johan will provide a training plan for us. We will start training by ourselves in summer (mid-end July).
- In September we will have two live trainings under his supervision that will take place in Huizen on two Sundays (30 minutes’ drive from AMC, ASAP will help you to get there). Update: preliminary dates are 29th of August and 12th September from 10 to 11:30.
- Additionally there will be a lecture on all you need to know about running
- After 4-5 weeks of our training Johan will have an online chat with us where he will explain in detail the training plan (1,5 hours)
- Afterwards we will have another two meetings where we will ask our questions
- We will make a What’s app group, were we will support each other and train together around AUMC (or anywhere else)
- We will train in a group of 10-12 people to make sure that Johan will be able to pay enough attention to each and every of you
- If you are planning to run the Dam to Dam loop, it will be included in the training plan
When is the race?
17th of October 2021
60.- per person, the rest is covered by ASAP
NB The registration for Half-marathon is not included. You can register at https://www.tcsamsterdammarathon.eu/registration
Do you want to know more about Johan?
- Visit his website: Home – Promoving
- Read articles that he has written (NB in Dutch): Nieuws & Cursussen voor Fysiotherapeuten | Psychfysio Opleidingen (zoeken op: hardlopen)
You can participate if
- You can currently run about 8 km in an easy tempo
- You have at least 1 year running experience with regular trainings
- A will to train at least 2 (preferably 3) times per week.
- You have no injuries
- The participation is at your own risk